27 April 2008

Buona Domenica

I'm at my parent's house in England. It's drizzling but everything is so lovely. The house is so sturdy and quiet - a *complete* welcomed contrast to Naples. There's a garden with tulips and a shed which smells of treated wood. Sometimes I wonder what it would be like to live back here - buy a house, work 9-5 etc... But I know that once you have to work and live day to day regular life, then things are different - tutto il mondo e' paese, etc (~ it's the same all over).

I can now blog from here now that my parents are connected to the world :) The keyboard is English e non mi trovo :D

7 comments:

Giulia said...

Enjoy your stay, Delina! :)

Jessica said...

That sounds lovely! You should post some pics!Enjoy you trip-

Anonymous said...

Ah, sounds nice. Didn't you and your siblings get them that great new computer??

Leanne was in Italy now in Australia said...

You are lucky at least that your other home is only a mear hour or so away via the sky so you could techincally live in both places if you wanted too!
I'm not sure what part of the UK you are from, but I can imagine the contrast...the polite people in the UK and the noisy chaos of Napoli. Enjoy the peace (shame about the drizzle but that's nothing new for you having grown up with that weather!)

Gil said...

Have a good trip home! Don't let the English keyboard confuse you too much.

Sharon said...

“I wonder what it would be like to live back here” ....my guess, it would be ordinary really quickly. Clearly you are not that, or you wouldn’t have moved away in the first place! So enjoy the contrast and keep living your dreams.

Delina said...

Sharon, I can imagine it would become very ordinary. I did move back about 5 years ago, but after a while I missed Italy too much and came back. It's lovely being in England on holiday, but comparing a place where you're on on holiday, with a place where you live is never right.