22 October 2007

Things happening in Naples

1) The Pope came to Naples for the first time yesterday. It was raining but I saw on TV that he went around the crowds in a buggy so that he didn't get wet. Or would he have gone round in that anyway.

2) They did another ban on cars yesterday - from 9am till 6pm to try and clear the air. Lots of cars were still out defying the ban though. Neapolitans like to break rules, especially if it means keeping their hair dry. I'm not sure if this ban was linked to the Pope's visit or not.

3) There's snow on Vesuvius!

4) There was some kind of air strike today - traffic controllers or ground staff, I'm not sure, but it meant that I couldn't leave for London as planned. Managg'.

8 comments:

erin said...

I saw the Pope on TV too! Horrible weather - good thing he has that pope-mobile :)

Delina said...

"Pope-mobile" hee hee

Anonymous said...

wow go anywhere then that's amazing


p.s. pope mobile (that's a good one)

Gil said...

Alitalia employees were striking in Milano because the company is planned on downsizing operations in the Nord.

Karen said...

No. 2 is very funny! I never thought about how fear of getting hair wet or catching cold might be related to breaking the ban on cars but I think it's a convincing explanation.

Delina, last night I so wanted the duvet on the bed. It has become VERY cold!

nyc/caribbean ragazza said...

Delina, I hope the strike is over and you made it to the UK.

Nadine said...

The Pope...that's fun. Really a ban on cars. Imagine them getting away with that here in the states.

Leanne was in Italy now in Australia said...

I remember when the old Pope did his world tour and came to Australia. My mum is rather religious so as little children we all got tickets to see the Pope and bought Pope flags to wave around!


Then last year when I lived in Rome the new Pope was just around the corner and I only went to see his blessing once as I was on a tour and we had to go!