23 August 2007

"Here's one I made earlier"


Check these babies out. Only for serious chocoholics I should add. I consider myself a chocoholic, but to be honest I couldn't quite finish one of these. There are lots of versions of chocolate molten cakes around on the net. Nigella and Delia both do their own variations.

There "should be" liquid chocolate inside, but that depends on the cooking time. As it was my first try they were only moist inside and not oozing chocolate, but I'll get it right the next time. They were still delicious.

Another great thing about these is that they freeze well. Put the mixture into ramekins and freeze, then when you're ready just defrost and cook. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side too for a true delight.

7 comments:

Giulia said...

Yummmmmmmmy...I've made those and they were ooey gooey inside. They are definitely 'death by chocolate' if you eat an entire ramekin full! I have yet to eat a whole one because usually by the halfway mark, I feel so sick! But...good sick! ;) lol

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

Those look heavenly! I'm a fan of chocolate myself, but I'd probably have difficulty finishing one of those as well...but I'd sure like to try ;)

Delina said...

They are challenging, but I like a challenge. Especially if it involves chocolate.

Annika said...

ooooh.... *drooling*

Anonymous said...

Those look good.

Nadine said...

Oh my...I'm in heaven.

Alex said...

MMM... so when are you having me over for some? mmmmmmm...
By the way I've found the lemon bandito -take a look on my blog.
Meanwhile I have to clean up my drool from the keyboard.